Mar 5, 2013

I Love...


I love the break of dawn
The golden morning ray
To purge the past- be reborn
A new day, a new way

I love the noise of birds
Closed eyes , a tired mind
Simple songs , meaningless words
All cluttered thoughts refined

I love the ocean waves
To and fro , a tireless dance
Heartaches like footprints - erase
Drenched in a dreamy trance

I love the cooling breeze
A waft of scented air
With open arms, a moment - peace
Silent, exposed and bare

I love the flowered pathway
Meandering thro’ the landscape
Alone in silence - walk away
From burdens a sure escape

I love the showers of rain
Thunderbolts , a steady spell
Cleanse away my earthly pain
The inner blots dispel

I love the horse untamed
Galloping thoughts – dreaming wild
Riot of colors, picture framed
Jump high my inner child

I love the starry night
Infinite, mystic sky
Lost in thoughts - all quiet
Dried teardrop in my eye

16 comments:

  1. Extraordinary, the poem and the picture..very beautiful as much as the dawn, an everyday blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible & beautiful yet expressed so simply !

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of your best poems, Ashok...and love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem! Refreshing quite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture with beautiful lines...

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post ashok .. 2nd one is too good !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture is very nice. Nature is always a treasure trove, if you know to admire and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I too love this poem

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful, the poem and the art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely imagery, Ashok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly beautiful poem - and I loved the image too.
    Early morning is my favourite time of day.

    ReplyDelete