May 5, 2013

To and Fro...

His Pendulum swings
To and fro
My eyeballs swing along
“Focus” says
his steady voice
But my mind is on a song…

I've learnt the trick
To stay awake
And dream with open eyes…
The peace within
A paradise
Away from the maddening noise

In a spell
I hear the piper’s call
A glide away from pain
Scattered thoughts
Careless knots
Untied and tied again…

I shroud myself
In the umbra black
The light a distant dot
In trance I drown
Into the abysmal hole…
Isn't Life but a dreamy plot… ?

He can try
As long as he wants
But he’ll never see my wings!
To and fro
To and fro
In vain his pendulum swings…

17 comments:

  1. Self control!
    Great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Scattered thoughts
    Careless knots
    Untied and tied again…"

    Brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont understand the poetry but love your paintings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Ashok !!!
    Have a nice new week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got reminded of boring classes where I tended to doze off reading this poem!!!

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice poem n painting.Abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really heavy stuff, Ashok! Nice. "Isn't Life but a dreamy plot… ?" Really intense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem, Ashok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lines Ashok!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the pendulum swinging, like a dream ~ Good to see you Ashok ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful...Ashok...

    He can try
    As long as he wants
    But he’ll never see my wings!

    I like those lines the best...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not succumbing to pressure, isn't it? Nice painting.

    www.anucreations.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. last stanza i liked most :) well done ashok! keep writing

    ReplyDelete