Mar 3, 2023

The Wheat Stalk

I was pleasantly shocked by the chance discovery of one of our (me and my brother's) childhood story books. It was hiding in my grandma's house and was returned to our house after 40 years !




Yes, "The Wheat Stalk" was published in 1981 by Malysh publishers, Moscow, USSR . Its a collection of elevan Ukrainian short stories and beautifully illustrated by Y.Rachov. I am a big fan of children's books from the Soviet era. The illustrations in these soviet books were a big inspiration for me as a kid and seeing this book after 4 decades filled me with nostalgia!

You can click " The Golden days of books for children" for my earlier post on Soviet books of the 80s.










9 comments:

  1. Childhood memories!
    My favorite was Fernando the Bull.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sweet! I love the artwork. Great memories I am suređź’–

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks good, nice memories for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cartoons are wicked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Children's books are my favorite. I remember reading to my children all the time. That's so nice that you kept some of the books when you were young and stumbled upon them. These look so vintage, and those are my favorite.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these illustrations are charming. I love kids' books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's wonderful and still undamaged!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's like finding a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manuel Arun4:17 AM

    Loved this book bro. Brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete