May 30, 2023

'The Blossom' at Madurai

The Blossom -  an experiment in cubistic 'solids & voids' , that I designed in the year 2003-04 for the Abrahams at the Dennys Gardens. 

It was a small site and I used the central open to sky courtyard to give the clients their desired garden (both of them were Botany Professors and loved the greenary). The Abrahams were a wonderful client who trusted my abilities and got rewarded with a straight forward elegant house that they are extremely proud of.  









14 comments:

  1. Blossom is full of blossoms! sweet home Ashok! We have a land near the foothills of Yercaud. I will reach you when we plan to build a house there. I like to design a little home surrounded with trees to get fresh air. We live with our in laws situated amidst the busy city. And it is a business house too. It will take some time to start. ping me your phone number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to do it Gayathri. Let me know when you want to start.

      Delete
  2. This is really exceptional! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your design and the greenary looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of red is similar to the decor of my place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt the clients are proud of their homes. They are so well designed and given a reality by your imagination and abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house does look lovely and the plants in the yard look rather healthy, the front is softened by the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que bonitas fotografias, me gustan mucho las plantas,. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete