Jan 15, 2024

Tiger Park @ Phuket

Our first stop on day 3 was at the Tiger Park.














Located at the base of the big Buddha hill is the Tiger park. This place gives a chance to visitors to get up close and touch the tigers, hold their tail and take pictures with the big cats. They charge hefty tickets and it varies for different sized tigers...Big ones and Cubs being the costliest ! 

Even though they say the animals are not sedated, I found it hard to believe...this for me is a disturbing tourist activity to use these wild animals like this. So I decided to stay outside and not pay for this experience.

But on the other side, people find this to be a thrilling memorable experience and say the money supports tiger conservation. 

What is your opinion?


9 comments:

  1. Looks pretty surreal, but those tigers are still wild animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what an amazing thing it would be to be able to touch the tiger, but I understand your feelings about it being disturbing. Perhaps the tigers within are somewhat damaged and wouldn't fare well in the wild. I hope that's the case and that they are being safe there (and not sedated. But who knows...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they are not being sedated. That was my first thought, too. Big tigers do not just let themselves be stroked or have their tales pulled. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiger is a grand animal. I think it's sad if they sedate these animals, just so the tourists can pet them. They are creatures of the wild, and we should recognize that.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not dare get so close to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is very curious for me to see how you play with the Tiger in the pool touching It!!! Is incredible but It can be dangerous too perhaps!!! I saw years ago a trainer Woman of togers in a Circus in Mallorca, and she was very careful with his owns tigers!!! It seems a good and very nice, and formidable travel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very cool. I don't think I'd want to get too close to a live tiger though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't trust the tigers, and maybe they are well feed before people are permit to do as you say. Gorgeous creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not in favor of trivializing a predator.

    ReplyDelete